MENA: Sharm-FAIR conference to tackle the post-pandemic era
Source: Middle East Insurance Review | Sep 2021
In coordination and cooperation with the Afro-Asian Insurance and Reinsurance Federation (FAIR) and under the patronage of the Financial Regulatory Authority (FRA), the Insurance Federation of Egypt (IFE) and FAIR are organising the 3rd annual Sharm El-Sheikh Rendezvous for Insurance and Reinsurance and the 27th General Conference of FAIR.
With the theme ‘New Insurance and Reinsurance Trends: Post COVID-19 Opportunities’, the Sharm-FAIR conference will be held at Rixos Seagate Sharm El Sheikh from 19-22 September 2021.
FAIR president Youssef Fassi Fihri said the following topics will be covered:
- The role of supervisory authorities and the regulatory response to enhancing the performance of the insurance industry;
- Sustainability and financial inclusion strategies: An insurance industry perspective;
- The role of InsurTech and digital transformation in shaping the future of the insurance industry;
- Developing business models: Challenges and solutions; and
- The ability of the insurance industry to keep pace with modern changes post-pandemic.
The event is expected to attract more than 1,000 participants from all over the world, representing major insurance and reinsurance companies, international brokerage firms, FAIR members, international insurance experts and insurance-related entities involved with the sector.
The conference aims to highlight the insurance industry’s ability to meet and overcome the challenges it faces due to the pandemic, the lessons learned from this crisis and the insurance industry’s vision for the post-COVID-19 era, said IFE president Alaa El-Zoheiry.
The guest of honour at this year’s conference is Dr Zahi Hawass, the former minister of state for antiquities affairs of Egypt. M