Nominations open for 7th Middle East Insurance Industry Awards
Source: Middle East Insurance Review | Jun 2020
Nominations are now open for the 7th Middle East Insurance Industry Awards (MIIA), organised by Middle East Insurance Review (MEIR), which aim to recognise and salute excellence in the MENA insurance sector, and promote greater professionalism in the market.
The awards have become highly coveted accolades in the region as they are backed by a panel of distinguished judges comprising respected leaders in the industry. Nominations need to meet clearly defined criteria and the entire judging process is transparent, with the results independently audited by EY.
This year’s MIIA include a new category, ‘Young Leader of the Year’, awarded to the insurance executive aged 40 or under who has shown outstanding leadership qualities while contributing to the advancement of the industry.
MEIR editor-in-chief Sivam Subramaniam said, “We are counting on the awards to bring some hope and optimism to the market, despite the very challenging conditions brought on by the global pandemic. We believe that even in the worst of times, excellence will shine the light for everyone to follow.”
The award categories are:
- Life Insurance Company of the Year;
- General Insurance Company of the Year;
- Health Insurance Company of the Year;
- TPA of the Year;
- Takaful Company of the Year;
- Educational & Training Initiative of the Year;
- Digital Initiative of the Year;
- Strategic Partner of the Industry;
- Corporate Risk Manager of the Year;
- Law Firm of the Year;
- Broker of the Year;
- Reinsurance Broker of the Year;
- Reinsurance Company of the Year;
- Woman Leader of the Year;
- Young Leader of the Year; and
- Personality of the Year.
The awards judging will be held on 20 September and the winners will be announced at the gala dinner on 22 November in Dubai. M