News Middle East03 Feb 2020

Egypt:State owned insurers see smaller market share in FY2019

03 Feb 2020

State owned insurers in Egypt, which are the largest companies in the non-life and life sectors, saw a decline in their market share in the last fiscal year ended 30 June 2019 (FY2019), according to data from the Financial Regulatory Authority.

Misr Insurance, which carries out non-life business, posted premiums of EGP7.3bn ($462m), or 40.3% of total non-life premiums in FY2019. Its market share was 44.1% in FY2018, reported Al Mal quoting the official data.

Misr Life Insurance posted premiums of EGP4.4bn, or 28.8% of total non-life premiums in FY2019. Its market share stood at 32.7% in FY2018.

Overall, the insurance market in Egypt saw total premiums surge to EGP33.4bn during FY2019, compared to EGP27.8b in the previous financial year.

P&C insurers accounted for 54.2% of the total premiums in FY2019, amounting to EGP18.1bn whereas life insurers accounted for the remaining 45.8%, amounting to EGP15.3bn.


 


 

| Print | Share

Note that your comment may be edited or removed in the future, and that your comment may appear alongside the original article on websites other than this one.

 

Recent Comments

There are no comments submitted yet. Do you have an interesting opinion? Then be the first to post a comment.