Call for nominations for 6th Middle East Insurance Industry Awards
Source: Middle East Insurance Review | Jun 2019
Nominations are now open for the 6th Middle East Insurance Industry Awards (MIIA). The deadline for third-party nominations is 12 June and for self-nominations is 30 June.
The Awards this year features a new ‘Woman Leader of the Year’ category to recognise the significant contribution that women make to the insurance industry in MENA. In total, there are 16 categories open for nominations:
- Life Insurance Company of the Year;
- General Insurance Company of the Year;
- Health Insurance Company of the Year;
- TPA of the Year;
- Takaful Company of the Year;
- Educational & Training Initiative of the Year;
- Innovation of the Year;
- Digital Initiative of the Year;
- Service Provider of the Year;
- Corporate Risk Manager of the Year;
- Law Firm of the Year;
- Broker of the Year;
- Reinsurance Broker of the Year;
- Reinsurance Company of the Year;
- Woman Leader of the Year; and
- Personality of the Year.
The judges will meet on 1 October 2019 to select the winners who will be recognised at a gala dinner on 21 November 2019 in Dubai. For all categories, the qualifying period is from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
The MIIA is seen as the most coveted Awards in the region given its clearly defined criteria and transparent process backed by a panel of 18 distinguished judges drawn from the leaders of the industry. The results are independently audited by EY.
The MIIA, organised by Middle East Insurance Review (MEIR), was launched in 2014 to recognise and salute excellence in the MENA insurance industry, helping to boost standards and promote greater professionalism in the market.